Monday, August 28, 2006

Bowling Tonight

I bowl in a league in Mission, KS. It's my 14th year with the same guys and I like it a lot. It's a handicapped league; if I bowl my average or better I'm helping the team win. Tonight was a different story. We started with no average, so it's to one's advantage to sandbag and bowl low on this, our first week of the league. So what did I do? I managed my best series in at least two years - a 514. That included a 209 - my first 200+ game since 2004 or earlier. So I've screwed my average for the rest of the year, but that's okay. I got five strikes in a row in the second game. Maybe this will be my season. The same guys who turned me on to KJHK when I was in high school recruited me for bowling too - The Westhoff brothers, Craig and Kurt.

No comments: