Thursday, April 03, 2008

KJHK Lore - Retro Production #1

I produced a public affairs program at KJHK in the spring of 1984. It was my first assignment for the station. I booked the guests, screened the callers, and produced the promos. I found a collection of ancient radio production records inside a locked cabinet inside the production studio that was upstairs in those days. It was full of 50s and 60s era commercial radio production beds, donuts, shouts, and other vintage elements. Craig WestHoff's critique of my first promo - "cheesy". I knew I was onto something. A couple of years later we bought an updated set of production records, but I never got tired of the retro collection. Here's a bossanova number that we used during the alternative auction when we needed a break to collect ourselves.

No comments: