Wednesday, August 06, 2008

England Trip - August 6th, 1983

From Kendall to Hexham and on to Durham during the apex of our tour away from London. Hexham is near the remains of Hadrian's Wall and I recall getting off the bus to walk among the ruins.

I don't have a lot of memories of Durham but I think this was the city where we toured the cathedral that featured a tall tower and we walked up a number of steps to get to the top for a wonderful view.

The photo roll suggests that we stopped near the ruins of a church where I took a picture of two boys fishing by a riverbank. I think this was in transit, between two stops. I have a memory fragment of our tour hosts, the Campbells, making a pitstop at a tile vendor's shop to purchase new tile for their kitchen, but I'm not sure if this was the same day.

The Northern stretch was beautiful country, very hilly, and I remember wishing we could extend our trip further to Scotland.

No comments: