Monday, January 14, 2008

Freaked by the Seven

We managed one victory against a hot Roeland Park team tonight at bowling. They brought too much church league heat. We lost the total pin tally by 137 but staved off the sweep with a sole victory in game three. Personally, I was freaked out by the seven pin, that's the guy on far left. I'm a left handed bowler and I kept leaving it off the first ball. I switched to a fingertip hook ball this year and no matter what I do, I can't pick up a seven pin standing alone. The ball always hooks right at the last second. I may have to become a two-ball bowler and supplement my arsenal with my old straight ball. My scores: (181, 133, 136) a 450 series, my average exactly (150). We watched KU destroy Oklahoma on the TV monitors so that was fun too.

No comments: