Friday, January 25, 2008

Get Thee To A Theater Near You

I manage to see one or two of the best picture nominees each year by the time nominations are revealed. This is explained by several lameness factors. I don't get out much. I'm not very presentable, even in a darkened theater, and since I'm here in the Kansas City metro area, I don't benefit from the additional coastal year-end screenings done for award eligibility.

I can shove those weaktit bromides aside now thanks to AMC. They're running a day long marathon of Best Picture nominees on February 23rd (in locations across the country). The Olathe AMC plex is included. I can see all five nominated movies in one day for 30 dollars plus free popcorn refills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hard to compare Juno with No Country for Old Men... dontyathink?