Thursday, February 21, 2008

Visit Don Thompson

My virtual friend Don Thompson and I share many interests. I played alternative music as a disc jockey in college and he was in an alternative band that we played on KJHK (Boxes of Love). His list of regional alternative bands of the 70s-90s is the de facto benchmark for the community. He's still making music as part of Girl For Samson. He runs the first and only on-line shrine to The Balancing Act, one of my favorite late 80s college rock combos. He collects old yearbooks. Here's something you may not know about me: if you invite me to your house, I will ask to see your old yearbooks on the third visit. He is a madman of the scanner, posting thousands of historic photos of Kansas City at oldkc.com like this one from 1924 of flappers posing at the Scout statue in Penn Valley Park, Kansas City, Missouri. I hope to meet him someday.

1 comment:

hahasox said...

Too bad he credits you as "Flowler" on the oldkc site.